Pride245 is an organisation in the borough of Basingstoke & Deane aiming to work throughout the year to promote equality and to celebrate the very best of the LGBT+ community across the 245 square miles of the borough.
Celebration, Education & Inclusivity
Mission and Aims
By harnessing the skills and expertise of the forum, volunteers and partners, Pride245 aims to:
- Serve the Borough wide community
- Educate and raise awareness of LGBT+ issues
- Celebrate LGBT history and diversity
- Host inclusive events
Founded in 2016 our inspiration comes from within our own borough and the story of Michael Dillon in 1946. Proving to us all that self determination is possible and to be proud.
Themes that we are looking to develop:
- Annual Pride245 Event – starting in September 2017 with an event line up of live entertainment throughout our festival week with a host of performers offering something for everyone
- Volunteering – Pride245 is run by unpaid volunteers and we need your help to make it happen
- Educate, support, socialise and to signpost for all the LGBT+ genders and sexualities
Get involved and share your stories #Pride245
Talk to us on Twitter @Pride_245
Like us on Facebook “Pride245“
or contact us on email@example.com
Be you. Be proud.